Monday, November 15, 2010

Neetu Chandra very Indian abroad

Neetu Chandra may look riveting and enthralling on the big screen, but off screen, especially when in foreign places, she looks and behaves like an Indian. The actress who is shooting for the Tamil flick ‘Aadhi Bhagavan’ in exotic Thailand, left locals enamored and allured by her Indian attire and mannerisms. She particularly won a lot of praise at a cultural fest in Thailand.
Neetu Chandra
“Patriotism in a person really comes to the fore when in foreign countries. While I was shooting in Pattaya, I would leave the hotel dressed in a traditional Salwar Kameez. When I attended a cultural festival there, I went wearing a conventional Indian dress, while the women from Pattaya came wearing revealing, scant bikinis to soak up the heat in the beaches. I heard that several call girls and masseuses there were astounded to see a fully clothed, traditional Indian girl. They were quite inquisitive and asked me about traditional Indian attire. They even felt the fabric and asked me about the different types of fabrics that are used in India to make detailed, glamorous chudidhars.” she said.
Neetu Chandra
What is even more interesting is that the locals in Pattaya started calling her ‘Legan’ because they loved her outfit so much. ‘Legan’ in Pattayan means ‘Angel’. Neetu Said, “The locals loved the dress so much that they started calling me ‘Legan’ or ‘Angel’, I was so flattered when I heard that.” Regarding shooting and her upcoming film, Neetu had this to say, “It’s really quite an experience to be working under a director like Ameer, it’s a chance of a lifetime.
Neetu Chandra
Ravi is also quite the professional; he helps me with my diction and dialogues.” The movie will now be filmed Mumbai, and a lot is expected of the movie. The actress was recently in the news when she revealed that she had to smoke cigarettes as part of a scene in the movie, even though she hates cigarettes and smokers. The movie is set to release in a couple of months, and everyone hopes Neetu looks like a “Legan” in the movie as well.
Neetu Chandra

No comments: